New Weekend Format & Free BBQ!
We’re pleased to announce a refreshed Year-End Tournament for 2019! Our focus this season has been on creating new opportunities for members to participate and socialize. Keeping in line with this idea, we’re inviting all members to check out details of this year’s tournament and sign up! Spaces in each draw are limited.
New Weekend Format
New this year! We’re moving to a new weekend format for the 2019 Howard YET! Similar to OTA and other local tournaments, each draw of the YET will be played over a weekend rather than being spread out over the course of a week. The condensed timeframe will give more members the opportunity to participate and make each draw of the YET a real event – for players and spectators alike!
With the new format, several matches will be played on the same day and participants must be available for the duration of the tournament draw, including Mondays as our rain-out days.
We encourage all members to come out to the YET this year. A BBQ will held on each Saturday from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. (see dates below) and on the Sundays for the finals as well (Sunday BBQ times TBD dependent on finals match times). Each Howard member will receive one free burger per person, including members who are out watching and supporting.
Registration opens 15 days prior to start of each tournament draw. Spaces are limited, so sign up early to save your spot!
Men Intermediate Singles –
WINNER – Anton Trinkunas
FINALIST – George Borushko
Ladies Intermediate Singles
Ladies Advanced Singles
Men Advanced Singles
Men Intermediate Doubles
Men Advanced Doubles
Over 50 (50 years+)
Registration Closes Tuesday September 4 @ 5 p.m.
Registration Opens Aug 30
Ladies Intermediate Doubles
Ladies Advanced Doubles
With the changes in this year’s YET format, several matches will take place on each day.
Players must be available during the following dates and times over the weekend each tournament draw takes place, including the Mondays as our rain-out days:
- Friday, between 6 and 11 p.m.
- Saturday, between 11 a.m. and 11 p.m.
- Sunday, between 11 a.m. and 11 p.m.
- Monday (possible rain-out date), between 7 and 11 p.m.
Important reminders and things to know:
- You must be available the entire weekend to participate in the draw. Please keep in mind that, once the draws are sent, no adjustments will be made, except under special circumstances.
- Please note that you cannot play in both the Advanced and Intermediate draws.
- Singles Draws have room for 32 players. Doubles draws have room for 16 teams. The spaces fills up very quickly. Registration opens at midnight on the sign-up day.
- The cost to participate in the YET is $10 for singles and $5 for each doubles player.
- For doubles tournament draws, please ensure only one person from your team registers and email the name of your partner to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tournament rules should be strictly followed, and on-court conduct and sportsmanship is expected or player(s) will be disqualified.
- Tournament draws with fewer than eight participants will be cancelled.
If you have any questions about the YET, please reach out to both our Socials Director, Manuel Botella Zamora, at email@example.com and our Programs Director, Lisa Whyatt, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to seeing you out at these events!
Regular Programs Cancelled during YET
Teams Practices, Round Robins, Shot of the Week, & U.S. Open Social
Men’s Singles (Advanced)
Muhammad Zaid (W) vs. Uros Vidmar
Men’s Singles (Intermediate)
Kai Chung (W) vs. Eliot Jacobson
Men’s Over 50
Rudy Tabije (W) vs. Orest Drohobycky
Ladies Singles (Intermediate)
Emily Harris (W) vs. Emily Huang
Mixed Doubles (Advanced)
Milana Drca and Uros Vidmar (W) vs. Lisa Whyatt and Nicholas Cheung
Ladies Doubles (Advanced)
Milana Drca and Alexa Narodowska (W) vs. Vicky Nguyen and Lisa Whyatt
Men’s Doubles (Advanced)
Nicholas Cheung and Daniel Cibula (W) vs. Jeremy Abergel and Uros Vidmar
Men’s Doubles (Intermediate)
Jeff Demeza and Michael Villa (W) vs. George Borushko and Harris Daniel