The Ladders are for those who enjoy competitive singles play. You get to play with other members with similar skill level.
The better you play, the more points you score, the higher on the Ladder you go.
- The number of Ladder participants is capped at 100 players.
- There will be 2 categories:
- men’s ladder (but women may play in this category)
- women’s ladder
- Men’s ladder will have 60 spots, women’s will have 40 spots.
- A wait list will be available once this capacity is reached.
- $10 per person
How to sign up
- You need to attend a rating session before you can participate in the club’s programs – including Ladder.
- Online registration for the Ladder opens on [date TBD]. Please note that Visa and MasterCard payments are accepted. Go to your club account to sign-up.
- We will also remind you in advance in an e-blast.
Beginning of June to end of September
- Box ladder
Booking court time
- Since we now offer online booking, Friday Ladder night is no longer offered.
- Booking a ladder match is exactly like how you would book a singles regular play.
- If you book your ladder game for prime-time hour, you will use your any-time booking token.
- If you book your ladder game for non-prime time hour, you will use your non-prime time booking token.
- It is your responsibility to manage your booking tokens to make sure that you get to play all your matches or to meet the minimum matches per month.
How to Play
- Where you start will be completely random, but sorted by rating.
- Within the calendar month, you must aim to play each of the other players within your box.
- If you play less than 2 matches or default more than once in a month, you will be removed from ladder play for the remainder of the season. Your fee will not be refunded.
- All players are equally responsible for arranging matches with their opponents. Participants must respond to Ladder requests within 72 hours; failure to do so results in a loss by default. Declining to play an opponent will also be recorded as a default.
- Based on the outcome of a match, points are awarded to each player, which are used to move players up and down the Ladder on a monthly basis although the addition of new players may affect your placement.
- Matches are booked only for the current month. Opponents change from month to month as boxes are re-calibrated based on points accumulated.
- In event of a tie of total points between players in the same box, the organizer will determine the placement of players based on a number of factors, including if points awarded are default points versus earned from games played, or the outcome of the previous match between the two players.