2021 Intercounty Teams Policy
- Tryouts for all Howard Park teams are held at the beginning of the season.
- All members who wish to be considered for a team must register online in advance via their Howard Park account.
- There is no fee to attend tryouts.
- Members must attend at least one Intercounty tryout to play for any of Howard Park’s Intercounty Teams.
- The Teams Panel oversees the tryout process.
- This panel is comprised of the Club Pro(s) and the Programs Director. Previous year’s team captains may help the Teams Panel during the tryout process.
- Captains will be determined after the tryouts are completed and the teams have been finalized.
- The teams themselves will then choose their own captain.
- The captain is in charge of deciding who will play each week, with whom, and which time slot.
Team Selection Criteria
- Previous results in Intercounty and club tournaments, if applicable
- Attendance at try-out
- Discretion of the Teams Panel
Team Selection Process
- The Teams Panel may choose to have certain participants called back for another tryout.
- If a participant is unable to attend the call back, his or her record over the prior tryout from that season will be used. It is highly recommended that the participant attends the call back.
- There will be a meeting held after the final Intercounty Tryout round to determine the players that will be selected for a particular Intercounty Team. The meeting will include the Teams Panel and anyone else that the Teams Panel agrees on inviting.
- All participants will be contacted via email or phone to be informed whether or not he/she made a certain Team.
- Final decisions will be also posted on the website.
- Team fee is $20 per player + responsibility for providing snacks/refreshments at 1 home fixture.
- Each player must pay their team fee online via their member account.
- Payment must be received by June 1 for the player to be considered in good standing.
- The Club reserves the right to suspend a team member until receipt of their team fee payment.
- Subs are not required to pay team fee unless they play more than 5 games.
Level of Play
- Mixed Majors players are generally rated 5.0
- Mixed A players are generally rated 4.5
- Mixed B players are generally rated 4.0
- Mixed C players are generally rated 3.5
- Daytime Ladies players are generally 3.5
- Evening Ladies players are generally 3.5
Players must be available to play at least 2/3 of the days when the League Team competes.
- Mixed Majors Team plays on Tuesday nights.
- Mixed A Team plays on Thursday nights.
- Mixed B Team plays on Tuesday nights.
- Mixed C Team plays on Thursday nights.
- Daytime Ladies Team plays on Wednesday mornings.
- Evening Ladies TLTL Team plays on Monday nights.
Number of Team Members Selected
- The A, B and C Mixed Intercounty Teams will consist of 6 men, 6 women, and 6 open positions.
- The Majors Mixed Team will consist of 12 men and 6 women.
- The Daytime Ladies Team will consist of 12 women.
- The Evening Ladies Team will consist of 12 ladies.
- Each team shall have 4 alternates (subs) at maximum for a team.
- A player is not allowed to be in more than one team and is not allowed to sub for another team. However, a player who is playing for one evening team may play as a sub for or be a member of the Daytime Ladies Team provided that the team does not have enough players.
- Each team is assigned a 1 hour practice time per week for the duration of that team’s season.
- It is up to each individual team on how they use that assigned time.
- Subs should be included in the practice.
Impact on Booking Tokens
- Being a part of an evening Intercounty Team will cost 1 (one) Any-Time booking token.
- Being a part of an daytime Intercounty Team will cost 1 (one) Non-prime Time booking token.
- Players will receive the token back once his or her Intercounty Team is done playing for the season.
- Being a sub doesn’t cost booking token