Please read carefully our new court booking rules for 2021. We now offer online booking as part of the booking process.
To see our Guest Policy, click here.
To see booking FAQ, click here.
Court Booking Rules
- It is strongly recommended that you book online when possible. Phone bookings will be accepted while the club is open and staff is working. In-person booking is temporarily suspended during the COVID pandemic.
- You are allowed to book courts up to 6 days in advance, rolling by time of day. Courts can be reserved online until the hour of play.
For example: if today is Sunday and the time is 16:30, you will be able to book as far out as next Saturday for a 16:30 court time.
- There are two types of booking sessions: Prime time sessions and non-prime time sessions.
- Prime time sessions have start times between 5:30pm and 9pm Monday to Friday. On Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays, they have start times between 8am and 1pm. On the booking grid, prime time sessions are colour-coded RED and non-prime time sessions are colour-coded BLACK.
- You will have 2 Any-Time Booking Tokens that you can use for either prime time or non-prime time sessions, plus 1 Non-Prime Time Booking Token that you can use ONLY for non-prime sessions.
For example: if today is May 17th, and you book 1 session for May 19th, 1 session for May 21st, and 1 session for May 22nd, then today (the day you book 3 sessions in advance) you are “out of token”. However, by the time you finish playing your May 19th session, you will have 1 token freed-up and you can start booking another session.
Keep in mind that participating in certain programs may cost a booking token. See Notes below for details.
- Courts which remain unreserved within 2 (two) hours from the starting time can be booked without using any of your booking tokens by calling the office. This type of booking will have the code NAB (Non-Advance Booking) on the booking grid. Otherwise, you may book it yourself online which will use your booking token. Note: You can only do one NAB at a time.
- During prime time sessions, back to back court bookings are allowed for doubles only. This means BOTH bookings have to be doubles. NAB (Non-Advance Booking) may override this rule.
- You can join unplanned, spontaneous play with other members without using a token. However, you must notify the staff to update the booking to include your name.
For example: it is possible to play if you happen to be at the club and you are invited to replace a no-show/late show player. Keep in mind this is not an invitation to “game the system” – see rule 15.
- All player names must be provided when you are booking a court. Failure to do so is considered an “incomplete booking”.
- All courts require at least two players to complete the booking, except court 3 where only one name is needed for practice serve or private lesson. Note that serve practices and private lessons are not allowed during prime time sessions (although NAB may override this restriction).
To book Court 3 for serve practice, select “Practice Serves” in the Player 2 input box. For private lesson, select “Private Lesson” in the Player 2 input box.
- Court booking may be cancelled without penalty up to 60 minutes before the start time. You have to do this yourself. Our staff will not do it for you. If the cancellation is less than 60 minutes before the start time, you (the individual who made the booking or a listed player) will have to notify the staff by phone and provide a reason for the court cancellation. Failure to cancel a court booking means all players listed on that booking session are considered as a “no-show”.
- Player(s) who arrive 10 minutes late past the reserved court start time will be considered as “no-show”. When this happens, the other player(s) who have arrived on time and are waiting on the court must notify the staff. The court may be released to other members as per staff’s discretion.
- Courts may not be booked without a member’s consent and full intention to play. Use of false names is considered a “false booking”. Members shall notify the staff if they become aware of a “false booking”.
- Any type of gaming the system (e.g. using someone else’s name as a placeholder) is not allowed. Suspicious patterns (e.g. cancelling more than playing) are subject to review and may be deemed as “misuse”.
- Incomplete bookings, no-shows, false bookings and misuse will result in the following penalties:
- 1st Offence: Reminder
- 2nd Offence: Warning
- 3rd Offence: One week online booking suspension
- 4th Offence: Two weeks online booking suspension
- 5th Offence: One month online booking suspension
- 6th Offence: Online booking suspension for the remainder of the club season
- During an Online Booking suspension, members may book courts using the NAB (Non-Advance Booking) method only.