**Please note details concerning the 2017 Time to Play program will be available here once finalized.** Updated: March 5, 2017
At Howard Park Tennis Club, we are committed to helping new members of all levels become integrated into the Club. Time to Play is a program designed to introduce beginner adult members, with little or no previous tennis experience, to doubles play in a relaxed, friendly and supportive environment. This program introduces the basic elements of play, e.g. where to position yourself on court, putting the ball in play, keeping score, etc.
Time to Play is designed for the 1.0 to 2.0 player who is looking to get started at the Club.
Note: This program is not intended for young children or stronger players looking to improve their game; it is for beginner adults. Thank you for your cooperation in this regard as spaces are limited.
Time to Play uses a round-robin format.
Times and Location
- Every Saturday*
- Noon to 1 p.m. – Level 1.0 to 1.5
- 1 to 2 p.m. – Level 1.5 to 2.0
- Courts 1, 2 and 3
- Runs from Saturday, May 7, 2016 to Saturday, August 27, 2016
- Excluding tournament weekends
- No class on long weekend, social or tournament dates: May 21, June 4, July 9 or August 20
- Limit 12 to 14 players per session
- No shows lose privilege of signing up for future sessions
Free with membership!
How to Sign Up
- Sign-ups for Time to Play are handled on week-to-week basis
- Drop by the Court Managers’ office on or after Opening Day
- Contact the Club: email@example.com or (416) 769-5600
All programs are subject to change or cancellation.