Updated: April 17, 2017
The Howard Park house league offers a great way to meet other players at your level and supplement your lessons. Please note that the house league is open to players 18 years of age or older and that participants must provide their rating at registration.
Dates and Times
House league takes place during the following days and times:
- Sunday evenings*
- Session Dates:
- Session I: May 7, 14, 21*, 28, Jun 4 (sign up starts on April 16, 2017) ** Session 1 is full.
- Session II: June 11, 18, 25, Jul 2, 9 (sign up starts May 28, 2017)
- Session III: July 16, 23, 30, Aug 6*, 13 (sign up starts July 2, 2017)
- 3.0 and under: 7 to 8:30 p.m.
- 3.5 and above: 8:30 to 10 p.m.
* Long weekend matches are moved to Monday night
$5 per person
How to Sign Up
- Registration for the first session launches on April 16, 2017 –. Registration for the remaining sessions begins two weeks prior to the start date.
- >>Click here to sign up online in the Club Management System (Visa and MasterCard payments accepted). Note: To register, please login with your username and password, and click on the Tennis Programs tab.
- You may also sign up in person at the Court Managers’ office (cheque, Visa or MasterCard only). Please note the Court Managers are not authorized to accept cash payments.
- All house league participants will be provided with further information via email ahead of the next house league session.
Our club uses a self-rating system. Please click here to view the self-rating guide.
Pairs play two 45-minute sessions, first with one opponent, the next session with a different opponent. Each session is one 8-game pro-set. In each game, the first deuce point is played normally with full-ad scoring. If there is a second deuce, it is played sudden death (no-ad scoring). The receiving pair chooses which player receives the sudden death serve. A tie-breaker is played at 7 games all.
- FIND YOUR OWN — don’t let your partner down
- Your sub can be at your level or one rating lower (not higher)
- House league coordinator keeps a list of members willing to sub
- 16 players (or 8 teams) per session
- In subsequent sessions, priority is given to members who have not yet participated during the season. If spaces remain, a draw will fill the league.
Questions concerning house league can be directed to Socials Director, Manuel Botella Zamora, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All programs are subject to change or cancellation.